I just got back from Arlington yesterday, where I spent Thanksgiving with Erica, Ben, and their daughter Alexandra who gets cuter every day. It was rough being on Alex's schedule - I do not know how Erica does it every day! The best part of my trip (other than spending time with my cute family of course) was that Erica took me to CAFE RIO and CARIBOU COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!! (I think I am too easily excited about food.) At Cafe Rio, I was positively giddy in line when I ordered and the lady who made my salad ended up being a manager who had to do a ton of training in Salt Lake, Logan, and Provo. She asked if I was from Utah and was also happy that I was getting my pork salad after 5 months. Getting to and from DC was quite the adventure: I rode a Greyhound Bus for the first time in my life! On the way back, we left an hour late because our bus' battery died. Turns out they do not keep jumper cables on the bus (because people will steal them) and the terminal in DC does not allow idling. Recipe for a dead bus battery. But after an hour, we got rolling and I got home in one piece. Yay.
What else is new? I got instagram. You can find a link to my account on the side of my blog. I am not ready for Christmas. Not even close. It is hard to get in the spirit when it doesn't snow and it was 60+ degrees last week. Hopefully the decorations and weather will melt my grinchiness. I guess I am kind of boring right now. School rules my life. Basically. But I love it, so it's ok.
| "Oooh A camera... I want to touch it." |
| Alex and Ben at Independence Hall |
| Apparently, We wanted a butt picture. Mine wins. |
I will try to be better about posting photos and posts over the next month. Even if it is to count down until I go home for Christmas.
L
No comments:
Post a Comment