"The best journeys answer questions that, in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask."
Don't you think that is true? My life has had some amazing changes in the last month. I went from working for a creep for awful pay to working three jobs that I love. And when I think about how I thought this year would be a waste of time...I was so wrong. I have grown so much closer to good friends, been here for those who have needed me, and get to meet tons of new people through work and BES.
I travel to distant states for med school interviews and I try to be realistic and ask myself, "Would I be ok with living here?" and I tell myself yes or no. And, every time, I fly home and I drive east on I-80 and I can see Parleys, Millcreek, and Big & Little CWC, and I just smile. I am so lucky that I live 30 minutes from any outdoor activity I want to do, my family, my work, the best pupusas in Utah, or anything else I could want. It is scary facing a reality that could mean that would be gone.
But for now, I am enjoying the journey and hoping it will eventually answer all my questions and doubts.
No comments:
Post a Comment