Thursday, December 15

Checking it twice

I should be grading exams yet here I am. 

As I am being constantly reminded how close Christmas is, I thought I would write a Christmas post. I wanted to title it "Merry Christmas, I could care less" from a wonderful song I love called "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out". I am not feeling very Christmas-y this year and I don't know why. I haven't really listened to any Christmas muzak. I am forcing myself to listen to it tonight - maybe that will help me and my scroog-itude. I haven't done any shopping besides gifts for one person = fail. Having no money really ruins Christmas. And I never thought it could. 
I asked for a pair of crocs for Christmas. and the Lady GaGa book. For my coffee table. (On a side note, I was just called a child of the earth and smiled really big.) 
I am usually a great gift giver, but this year I am at a loss for what to give people. Like for reals. I think that is stressing me out more than anything.  

On a happier note, I watched NYCB's production of The Nutcracker last night and that made me very happy. I love The Nutcracker more than anything. I will never get tired of it. My favorite dance is usually The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy or the Chocolate Dance...Sometimes the Waltzes. I will always love the waltz of the flowers because of this (Queue to 13:05)

No comments: