Monday, April 2

One Hundred

This is my one hundredth (spelling?) post! Wooo?

Anyway, I do have intriguing stories to tell today. Mainly recounting stories from the Medical Examiner's Office. So I was recovering on a case at the ME's when they brought in a body to be checked in.
This person had died at home and their face had been eaten by their dog. Codename: dogface. I came back the next morning to observe autopsies. I observed 3 autopsies Sunday morning: Dogface, SIDS baby, and campfire (a person who died in a house fire). The nicknames help me keep confidentiality... I know they may freak you out. Basically, Sunday was amazing. I got to ask any questions I wanted to, I held fresh vital organs in my hands, I did a lumbar puncture, a punched a hole in a liver....it was awesome. I learned random and interesting things to look for. I learned what is accepted as a range of normal when it comes to almost every organ. It was a really cool experience.

I can't wait to be a doctor.

No comments: