I have been realizing recently that a few years ago, my life was completely different.
A few years ago, I had two best friends that I talked to almost daily, if not all day long. We knew everything that was worth mentioning in each others' lives. We saw each other all the time.
I miss those days. I miss those girls. I don't know if I have moved and they are still in the same place or if we have all moved away, or if they have moved and I am the one left standing here. Any way you put it, it's different. And it sucks.
A few years ago, I was dating someone seriously. We even planned on getting married.
I was delusional. And I got out. But not without losing a lot of my friends...to an extent. Except Gus, who was always in my corner.
I guess you look at the important people in your life and you think they will always be a part of your life, no matter what.
And then you realize that some people you thought were important are not so important after all. And maybe people who you value, discard you as one of those non-important people in their life.
1 comment:
It's the seasons of life. I find myself going through the shuffle with every life change. The most important people, the ones worth hanging onto always seem to find their way back into my life though.
Post a Comment